We have already discussed what is web hosting in chapter 1. In this guide, we will discuss the best web hosting for starting a WordPress blog.
If you are looking to migrate your website from your current web hosting or to start a new blog then this list will help you to find the best web hosting for your blog.
This is chapter 3 of our free Blogging course from basic to advance. In this chapter, we have listed some best web hosting services which are very good and well know in the market.
Best Web Hosting Services to Start a Blog
You can start your blog with any of these web hosting services. We have listed only trusted and highly secure web hosting companies on this list.
I have written about 5 web hosting services on this list. I have written all these hosting companies after using it. I have not used WPX hosting but still, I have listed this hosting in this list because of the features, performance, and WordPress website security.
I have given the ranking on the basis of price, performance, features, customer support, and speed. I have compared these 5 web hosting to many other web hosting companies.
After a lot of research on pricing, features, and support I find this list pretty good.
1. Bluehost – A Trusted Company & Good For Beginners
Bluehost.com is another best web hosting company and there are more than 2 million websites worldwide are powering by Bluehost.
The customer support of Bluehost is good, they also provide a 30-day money-back guarantee if you don’t like their hosting.
WordPress installation is super easy with 1 click. Bluehost also provides 1 free domain name for 1 year. If you want to read more about the Bluehost then you can read our Bluehost Review.
- 1 free domain for one year
- Free SSL certificate
- Unmetered Bandwidth
- Shared hosting plans are affordable and give the standard performance
- 1-click WordPress Installation
After a lot of research, comparing prices, and features I found that Greengeeks is the best value for money company to host a website.
It offers a lot of features such as free SSL, CDN, unlimited data transfer, LSCache, super-secure server, and lots more.
You can also buy a domain name for free if you purchase a web hosting from greengeeks. It also provides a 30-day money-back guarantee to its all customers.
It is the best web hosting for anyone. So, it doesn’t matter whether you are a beginner or a pro blogger.
- You can register a domain name for free if you buy a hosting from GreenGeeks, the domain name will be free for 1 year
- Free SSL, CDN, and Backup
- Unlimited web space, data transfer, databases and email accounts (According to the official sources)
- GreenGeeks also offers LSCache that can speed up your website
Cloudways is best for medium and high traffic websites. You can host multiple websites in a single plan. You may be thinking that it is too expensive.
Yes, for beginners it is expensive but when you compare it with other managed web hosting then you will find that the price of cloudways is cheaper than most of the cloud hosting.
Managed hosting means everything is provided by the hosting company and you do not need any technical skills such as LINUX commands, managing all the things by yourself.
So, it can save you a lot of time to do other work.
Cloudways provide a managed solution for 5 popular services:
- Digital ocean
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Google Cloud
The starting plan of the cloudways (digital ocean) starts from $10 per month.
- 24 hrs support available and you can also create tickets for any technical problems, complex issues, etc.
- Cloudways provides SSD hosting for better performance
- Free CDN and Free SSL
- Cloudways do not comprise anything on website security and it provides dedicated firewalls to stop bot traffic, regular security patches updates, protects from DDoS, Bruteforce attacks, offers 2-Factor authentication, and many other security features to protect a website.
4. Hostgator – Affordable Prices
Hostgator is an affordable web hosting. Hostgator is also a secure and big brand in hosting services. Customer support is good and available for 24*7 hours.
As per the official report, Hostgator offers 45 days money-back guarantee. So, If you do not like Hostgator after using it for 43 or 44 days you can cancel it. So, your money will be back in your account. Hostgator also guarantees 99.9% uptime.
- Hostgator provides Unmetered bandwidth
- You will get a free SSL certificate
- 1 Free domain name registration for 1 year and after that normal charges will be included
5. WPX hosting – Best Speed and Performance
WPX Hosting is among the best affordable managed hosting services.
I don’t suggest this hosting if you are a beginner because the price of the plans is expensive for a beginner.
So, for a beginner shared hosting plan of the above three hosting companies will be best suited. But if your best have decent traffic or high traffic. Then, you can choose WPX hosting.
They are offering many good features. WPX provides 30-day money-back guarantee.
- High speed and outstanding performance helps to load the page of the website quickly
- WPX custom cloud content delivery network (CDN)
- They are offering unlimited site migration
- Unlimited SSL
- Customer support is excellent and it is available 24*7, they provide quick reply to customer queries
- DDoS attack protection in every plan of WPX Hosting
- WPX hosting is super secure and also provides malware scanning and removal. So, you don’t need to worry about hacking attacks.
- 1-click easy WordPress installation in few minutes
- As per the official report, WPX said to have a 99.95% uptime guarantee
- You have two option for server location/hosting location and they are USA and UK
We have answered some frequently asked questions on the topic “best web hosting“. These questions may help you to give the answer to your doubts. But if your question is not on the list, you can ask your question in the comment box. We will try to answer your question.
Which is the Best Web Hosting for a Beginner?
We suggest the Bluehost or GreenGeeks for a beginner and for experienced bloggers Cloudways is the best hosting.
This company is really doing great work and because of this many people are shifting from their previous hosting to the cloudways hosting.
Can you suggest which is the best web hosting Service for a website having more than 10,000 page views per day?
If you are getting 10000 page views per day then you can choose the Bluehost shared hosting plan or you can use WPX hosting.
Is Bluehost good for the Long term?
Yes, it is good for the long term and you do not need to shift your web hosting from here to there. Shifting web hosting is time-consuming if you are doing it by yourself. But nowadays, many companies are also providing free migration. Overall, Bluehost web hosting is a great package.
How many visitors Cloudways can handle?
It depends on the plan that you are using. Cloudways offers different types of plans according to different requirements. The startup plan of the Cloudways that costs $10 per month can easily handle 25,000 – 100,000 visits per month or even more if your website is well-optimized.
I am confused about which hosting should I choose?
You should check the plans, features, price, and then choose according to your requirement. But don’t compromise on quality.
We suggest starting with a basic shared hosting plan of any of these 5 best web hosting which we have listed because shared hosting plans are cheaper than VPS and cloud hosting.
- Chapter 2 – Cloudflare SSL Setup and Page Rules
- Chapter 5 – Best settings for WordPress plugins
- Chapter 6 – Submitting a website in the Webmaster Tools and Uploading Sitemap
- Chapter 7 – Best SEO tools to grow website traffic and creating backlinks
- Chapter 8 – On-Page SEO for Beginners: Complete Guide (23 Superb Methods)