We have already discussed what is web hosting in chapter 1. In this guide, we will discuss the best web hosting for starting a WordPress blog. If you are looking to migrate your website from your current web hosting then this list will help you to find the best web hosting for your blog.
This is chapter 3 of our free Blogging course from basic to advance. In this chapter, we have listed some best web hosting services which are very good and well know in the market.
Best Web Hosting Services to Start a Blog
You can start your blog with any of these web hosting services. We have listed only trusted and highly secure web hosting companies on this list. We are already using the siteground to host our main tech blog.
1. Siteground – Best Web Hosting For WordPress
We have an amazing experience with siteground. It provides excellent speed, uptime, customer support, performance, and it is highly secure. Now, why you should purchase this hosting as your first priority? The answer is If you want a highly secure server, good page loading speed, and performance. Then, the siteground is best.
Nowadays, Lot of WordPress websites are getting hacked by hackers. So, It is a better idea to invest in a highly secure hosting company like the siteground. Most users leave the website if it takes more than 4 to 8 seconds, even I also leave the website if it is taking more time to load.
So, from this point, the siteground is the best option to pick, and due to these reasons, we have put this hosting on 1st number. For beginners, the StartUp plan is enough if your website traffic got increased then you can upgrade your plan according to your requirement. But If you have a good amount of daily visitors then you can check the Siteground GoGeek plan (my friend is currently using this plan. He has approx. 12,000 page views daily on his website). If you want to read more about the siteground then you can read our siteground review.
Features of Siteground
- Unmetered traffic
- Free WordPress installation
- It provides WordPress auto-updates
- Siteground hosting offers daily backup in their all plans
- Siteground provides a free content delivery network (CDN) in their all plans. CDN can help a lot to increase fast page loading speed.
- It offers a free SSL certificate in all plans from the startup plan to the GoGeek plan.
- WP-CLI and SSH
- Unlimited databases
2. Bluehost – A Trusted Company & Good For Beginners
Bluehost.com is another best web hosting company and there are more than 2 million websites worldwide are powering by Bluehost. The customer support of Bluehost is good, they also provide a 30-day money-back guarantee if you don’t like their hosting. WordPress installation is super easy with 1 click. Bluehost also provides 1 free domain name for 1 year. If you want to read more about the Bluehost then you can read our Bluehost Review.
- 1 free domain for one year
- Free SSL certificate
- Unmetered Bandwidth
- Shared hosting plans are affordable and give the standard performance
- 1-click WordPress Installation
3. Hostgator – Affordable Prices
Hostgator is an affordable web hosting. Hostgator is also a secure and big brand in hosting services. Customer support is good and available for 24*7 hours.
As per the official report, Hostgator offers 45 days money-back guarantee. So, If you do not like Hostgator after using it for 43 or 44 days you can cancel it. So, your money will be back in your account. Hostgator also guarantees 99.9% uptime.
- Hostgator provides Unmetered bandwidth
- You will get a free SSL certificate
- 1 Free domain name registration for 1 year and after that normal charges will be included
4. WPX hosting – Best Speed and Performance
WPX Hosting is among the best affordable managed hosting services. I don’t suggest this hosting if you are a beginner because the price of the plans is expensive for a beginner. So, for a beginner shared hosting plan of the above three hosting companies will be best suited. But if your best have decent traffic or high traffic. Then, you can choose WPX hosting. They are offering many good features. WPX provides 30-day money-back guarantee.
- High speed and outstanding performance helps to load the page of the website quickly
- WPX custom cloud content delivery network (CDN)
- They are offering unlimited site migration
- Unlimited SSL
- Customer support is excellent and it is available 24*7, they provide quick reply to customer queries
- DDoS attack protection in every plan of WPX Hosting
- WPX hosting is super secure and also provides malware scanning and removal. So, you don’t need to worry about hacking attacks.
- 1-click easy WordPress installation in few minutes
- As per the official report, WPX said to have a 99.95% uptime guarantee
- You have two option for server location/hosting location and they are USA and UK
We have answered some frequently asked questions on best web hosting. These questions may help you to give the answer to your doubts. But if your question is not on the list, you can ask your question in the comment box. We will try to answer your question.
Which is the Best Web Hosting for a Beginner?
We suggest the siteground for a beginner and also to an experienced blogger. This company is really doing great work and because of this many people are shifting from their previous hosting to the siteground hosting.
Can you suggest which is the best web hosting Service for a website having more than 10000 page views per day?
If you are getting 10000 page views per day than you can choose the siteground GoGeek plan or you can use WPX hosting.
Is siteground good for the Long term?
Yes, it is good for the long term and you do not need to shift your web hosting from here to there. Shifting web hosting is time-consuming if you are doing it by yourself. But nowadays, many companies are also providing free migration. Overall, siteground web hosting is a great package.
How many visitors siteground can handle?
It depends on the plan of the siteground. The startup plan of the siteground can easily handle 10,000 – 15,000 visits per month.
I am confused about which hosting should I choose?
You should check the plans, features, and then choose according to your requirement. But don’t compromise on quality. We suggest starting with a basic shared hosting plan of any of these 4 best web hosting which we have listed because shared hosting plans are cheaper than VPS and cloud hosting.
- Chapter 2 – Cloudflare SSL Setup and Page Rules
- Chapter 5 – Best settings for WordPress plugins
- Chapter 6 – Submitting a website in the Webmaster Tools and Uploading Sitemap
- Chapter 7 – Best SEO tools to grow website traffic and creating backlinks
- Chapter 8 – On-Page SEO for Beginners: Complete Guide (23 Superb Methods)