There can be different reasons to remove a sitemap from Google Search Console. In this guide, you will read how to delete sitemap from Google search Console.
It takes less than 1 minute to delete sitemap from Google search console.
There can be many reasons for removing sitemap and some of them may be:
- Your sitemap is not properly working
- Your website may be hacked and the hacker inserted another sitemap file
- or there can be multiple reasons
Now, Let’s see how you can delete a sitemap easily and upload a new one.
Suggested: 10+ Best Free SEO Tools
How to Delete Sitemap From Google Search Console
1. Open Google Search Console and log in to your account.
2. In the left side menu, you will see the option “sitemap“. Click on that.
3. Now, you will see the sitemap file of your website. Click on the sitemap.
I am using rankmath SEO plugin and by default the sitemap generated by rank math is sitemap_index.xml. If you are using any other plugin then your sitemap URL may be different.
4. Now, at the top right side, you will see three dots. Click on that and then click on remove sitemap.
5. It will ask you to remove or cancel. Click on remove. Now, the sitemap of the website has been removed from the Google Search Console.
How to Add a New Sitemap
1. If you want to add a new sitemap of your website in the Google Search Console then click on the sitemap.
2. Type the URL of the sitemap or copy and paste the URL in the empty space provided for the sitemap URL (see in the image below).
Click on submit.
- Best Methods to find keywords, content ideas, and high CPC keywords
- 18 Absolutely Best, tried, and tested ways to speed up the WordPress website