When it comes to Traditional IT and Cloud based hosting services, several factors have to be considered. For example, when deciding on the IT model, the company must consider reliability, cost, scalability, and security. Over the recent years, there has been a shift from Traditional IT to cloud services; however, which one is best for your business?
Well, cloud-based Hosted Desktop Services UK creates an agile digital workspace and provides a cloud solution to amalgamate communication and data. It does not matter if you have a single office, a multisite business, or a workshop; the hosted desktops will support your company with the required IT services, such as remote access.
But is it your best option? Today, in this article, you will see a detailed guide comparing the pros and cons of traditional and hosted services so that you can make an informed decision.
What Are Traditional IT Services?
In traditional IT infrastructure, there are data centers consisting of several hardware equipments such as desktops connected to networks with the help of remote servers. These servers are installed on the premises, providing access to the business applications and all the data.
However, one might have to purchase additional hardware, and it is also required to upgrade if the business wants to scale up its data storage and wants additional services. Regular software upgrades are required, and they are needed for additional hardware additions so that the traditional IT models can be made fail-safe if there are any hardware failures.
What Are Cloud Hosted Services?
With these hosted desktops, businesses can get access to their infrastructure. They do not have to install any on-premise servers. With the help of virtualization, the server can efficiently distribute the data among different environments. The physical servers are connected, and the service provider maintains these servers. Also, they provide ample storage options so the company does not have to worry about their data storage.
Pros And Cons Of IT Traditional IT Services
Traditional IT services have the following pros and cons.
- The business has total control, such as if any problem arises, such as updates, changes, etc., it will be the responsibility of the IT staff to find a quick solution. It provides them with a lot of flexibility.
- Only the employees have access to their company’s data centers, and it can provide a sense of security.
- The company’s data is stored on-premise, so if there are any network issues, the company could still have access to the data.
- Organizations can customize the use of their services and applications.
- When the servers are on-premise, the business is not guaranteed always to receive high server performance. If the server fails, the capacity will be limited, affecting the performance.
- If there is a power outage, the company will not have access to its data. Employees will be unable to work remotely, which will hamper the work. They cannot work till they get access to the data.
- When a business is growing, it requires ample storage space. However, when the storage is on-premise, they might have to purchase another server, get additional software, etc. It is time-consuming.
- Since in traditional IT services, the physical servers are used, the business has to pay more to get additional hardware space, and it can be a costly endeavor.
- When the IT staff is solely responsible for the company data, updates, etc., it increases the chances of human error. If there is no proper training, then it could jeopardize the sensitive company’s data.
Why Do You Need Hosted desktops?
The cloud-based desktops help businesses work anytime, from anywhere, and they can easily access their data, application, IT services, devices, etc. It is nothing wrong to say that the hosted desktop provides a complete business solution and provides the business with an affordable and flexible approach.
Hosted desktops have the following benefits:
1. It Provides Better Security
Hosted desktop providers implement cloud technology that helps in protecting the documents and files against any security lapses. Also, they provide data backups and patch management.
2. They Are Low Maintenance
When the business works with a hosted desktop, it becomes easy to maintain the desktops, workspaces, and applications. It is so because all the applications are being hosted on the server of the hosted desktop service provider.
3. It Is Cost Effective
When companies are making decisions for their business, one thing that plays an important role is the budget. Companies do not have to pay for expensive PCs, as with the help of hosted desktops, employees have access to their workplace from anywhere and from any device. It also ensures that there is no effect on productivity.
Difference Between Hosted And Traditional IT Services
|Parameters||Hosted Desktop Services||Traditional IT Services|
|Costs||The hosted cloud computing services are affordable. Also, there is a decrease in downtime that can increase the profit.||In conventional IT services, one has to purchase the equipment. They are costly.|
|Automation||Cloud computing takes place outside the premise, and cloud providers manage them so they ensure that everything is running smoothly.||Conventional services required in-house administration, and they required trained staff for maintenance and monitoring.|
|Scalability||The hosted services provide unlimited storage capacity. It is easy to scale up or scale down the servers.||In conventional services, only the available resources can be used. If the storage capacity runs out, the company must purchase additional servers.|
|Flexibility||Companies have control over installing the software whenever they need to; they have better flexibility.||They have less flexibility as compare to cloud desktops.|
Summing up, when businesses decide which services to use, they will consider the more beneficial one. Regarding the cloud-based hosted services and the conventional IT services, the cloud-based provides a better solution to all your IT needs and requirements. The hosted desktop has several benefits, such as remote access, affordability, unlimited storage, etc. So, before deciding which one to go for, follow up on the above points.