Why should I setup Google Analytics tool? Google Analytics is an important tool to see daily stats like views, users, time spent, and a lot more.
How to Setup Google Analytics?
It is easy to setup Google Analytics. It will take only 5-10 minutes to set up Google Analytics for your website. You have to just follow the step-by-step instructions mentioned in this guide.
If you are a beginner in the world of blogging then you can read this chapter-wise blogging guide.
Related Post: How to Get free SSL Certificate – Step by Step Guide
How to Setup Google Analytics (Step by Step)
1. Open Google Analytics and log in to your account.
2. Click on Set up for free.
3. In the account name, you can type any name or type your website name. In the image, you can see I have given the demo name to my account. Scroll down and click on Next.
4. Now, you have three options: web, apps, and apps & web. You can select any one from these three options. I am selecting the first option that is the web for my website.
Scroll down and click on next.
5. Write any name for the property. I have written the name demo for my website. Select the industry which is related to your website niche. Select the time zone according to your country.
Now, click on the create.
6. Select the web if you want to use Google Analytics to see the website stats.
7. In the website URL, enter the URL of your website and in the stream name, you can give any name. Now, click on create stream.
8. You will get a code on your screen. You have to copy this Google Analytics code and paste it into the <head> section of your website.
9. Now go to your WordPress website dashboard. Click on appearance and then click on theme editor.
In the theme editor, you will see a file header.php open that and paste the code between <head> </head> and then click on the update file.
That’s it, Google Analytics set up is completed. Now, you can see all the daily, monthly, and yearly stats of your website.
You can see the bounce rate, time spent, session, number of visitors by country, posts that are receiving more traffic, and lot’s more.
How to Use Google Analytics
After completing the Google Analytics setup, the next thing that comes is how to use it. Using the Google Analytics tool is easy.
If you want to see daily users, page views, sessions, countries, and bounce rate then click on the Audience and then click on Overview. You can find this option on the left side (see in the image).
You can monitor your website traffic, posts that are getting traffic, sources from where users come to your website, activities, and more. It is easy to use if you spend only 1 hour you can easily understand this tool.
This tool provides a lot of information and you can monitor the performance of your website by analyzing your website visitors locations, interest, average time spent on your website, devices and browser the visitors are using, how much traffic comes to your website from search engines, social media, etc.
I hope you have understood everything clearly to setup Google Analytics account. If you have any questions related to setup Google Analytics, you can ask your question in the comment.
It is a very important tool for bloggers, small businesses, large-scale business companies, and for anyone whose business has an online presence on the Internet.
Suggested Topics for Reading:
- Best Web Hosting for High Traffic Websites 2023 (10k-1M+)
- How to Display AdSense Ads on Your Website in an Easy Way
- 4 Best Investments for Blogging Carrier
- On-Page SEO Techniques (20+ Excellent Methods that Works)