Newsela is a website that is based on an Instructional content platform. It is a very useful website/tool for students and teachers. It is a popular resource of learning for students.
So, In this review, we will first look at the newsela overview, the features, pricing, how is this tool for educators and students, etc.
Related Topics for Reading
What is Newsela?
It is an Instructional content platform that makes learning easy. The company was founded in 2013 but the domain name was registered on 16 July 2012 (according to whois).
Newsela is available worldwide and millions of students and teachers are using it. So, we can say that the company was started in 2012.
The content is specially made for classrooms. You can learn fresh and suitable content for every subject. It is a mobile-friendly application.
It is available for students of lower elementary school, upper elementary school, middle school, and high school. You can find high-quality articles and real-time assessments for students who are in grade 2 to grade 12.
For better engagement, they have quizzes, assessments, writing prompts, annotations. There are approximately 2 million educators have joined this community.
There are embedded instructional strategies on every article that gives the idea to the teachers to make a better connection and discussion.
News ela content includes science & math, geography, government & economics, world history, U.S history, law, art & culture, opinion, and more.
If you already have an account then click on the sign-in button. You can sign in with Google, Microsoft or clever.
But if you are new then click on the join now. You can sign up as an educator or as a learner. So, select the option accordingly and then fill all the required details and proceed.
- An instructional content platform which makes learning easy
- They have fresh and adaptive content for every subject
- A better engagement with assessment, quizzes, writing prompts
- Filter options such as text level, language, suggested for, format, instructional features, and the content provider makes it easy to find the content
- Insights that inform instructions like completion of assignments, student’s real-time reading activities, etc.
There are free and premium accounts available for teachers.
Free account for teachers
- In free license, teachers have limited content access
- In a free account, you will get access to current events articles at 5 reading levels.
- Teachers can customize and share articles, writing prompts, and assignments with students or other teachers in a free version
- In a free version, students are allowed to access to reading comprehension quizzes and writing prompts
In PRO license, teachers have unlimited content access, insights, and standards. The prices are not officially disclosed on the website. For pricing, you can contact the team by visiting the official website.
Two million educators are already using it. The website has a good interface and features. Based on things like engagement, learning made ready for classroom content, assessment, quizzes, etc. make it a good place for educators and students. Overall this website is good, you can share your valuable experience with us by leaving a comment in the comment section.
- Study Island – Online Learning Solutions For Schools and Parents
- Zearn Math – A Guide For Students and Teachers to Use Zearn