A practical guide on how to increase domain authority step by step with Images.
Every SEO tool has its own algorithm and criteria for measuring domain authority. Ahrefs calls it the domain rating (DR), the SEMrush shows the authority score by checking the links to the website, MOZ display it as domain authority.
I like using the MOZ bar which is a free Google Chrome Extension to see any website domain authority. I am using the SEMrush tool to build backlinks and to increase domain authority scores.
It is an excellent tool that offers too many features to rank and increase the web presence of your website.
How to Increase Domain Authority
You can follow these 4 steps to increase the domain authority for your website.
Suggested Post: Automatically Backup your WordPress Website Daily
Using the SEMrush Tool
SEMrush is an excellent tool that can help you to do a lot of activities such as finding new keyword ideas, on-page SEO assistant, finding your competitor backlinks, and more.
You can easily find all the backlinks of your competitor and then create backlinks on those sites. This will help you to increase the domain authority of your website.
There are more than 200 factors to rank in Google and backlinks are one of those factors. You can read the complete guide for using SEMrush.
How to increase domain authority using SEMrush?
1. If you are already using any SEMrush plan then Open semrush.com and type the domain name in the search bar and check backlinks (see the image below).
2. You will see all the backlinks of any website and using this way you can also build the backlinks of your website to increase domain authority.
Note – Building backlinks is a time taking process.
Suggested Topic: 23 Best On-Page SEO Techniques that you should Follow
Use Moz Bar
Moz.com is a famous SEO tool that also provides SEO courses. I use the Moz bar which is a free Google chrome extension to check any website domain authority.
It also provides you to see limited backlinks to a website. If you are looking to buy a new domain at a cheap price then you can also read this guide that may help you to get a domain at the best price https://diggitymarketing.com/cheapest-place-to-buy-domain-names/.
How to increase domain authority using Moz?
1. Open any website. For example, I have opened the website WikiHow.
2. Now, at the top, you will see the Moz bar. Click on it and you will see the total number of backlinks on the website homepage.
In the image, you can see that wikiHow has over 300K backlinks on the homepage. It has 93 DA and the page authority is 72.
3. Click on the links and you will see the top 5 followed links and in this way, you can find the top 5 links of any website. Now, It’s time to build backlinks on the websites that you have found using top followed links.
The free version of Moz only shows the top 5 followed links and 10 high authority domain names. I am also using the free version of the Moz.
You can also see the top 10 high authority do-follow domain names in the free version. So, these are the top 10 do-follow domain names where the wikiHow is linked.
Suggested: 30 Best Steps to Follow for Your WordPress Website Security
Ubbersuggest is another SEO tool that you can use to increase the domain authority. It is available in paid as well as in the free version.
The free version offers limited features. Personally, I am not using ubbersuggest as I have already a SEMrush plan but if you do not have a budget then this tool will be good for you.
You need to signup with a Google account to use ubbersuggest for free.
How to increase domain authority using Ubbersuggest?
1. Open the ubbersuggest tool and sign in with your Google account.
2. In the SEO Analyser, click on backlinks. Now, Type the URL of the website whose backlinks you want to find. To show you an example I have searched for the URL of the wikihow.
You can see the backlinks in the image below.
3. So, In this way, you can create more backlinks to your website and increase the domain authority.
Guest post is the best way to get a backlink to your website but it can take time because not everyone accepts guest posts for free.
Yes, there are many websites that allow free guest posts. So, you need to write good content that helps to solve the visitor’s problem easily.
You can find a website in your niche and contact the owner of the website that you are interested in writing a post.
If the owner allowed you to write a post then you can write a post and insert a relevant link.
Other Useful Methods to Increase Domain Authority
I have discussed all the techniques that can help you to increase domain authority, build backlinks, and more in the off-page SEO guide.
Building good quality backlinks can help you to get a good ranking in search engine page results.
It can help you to some extent only because there are many factors where you need to improve your websites like speed, on-page SEO, content quality and explanation way, readability, and more.
You can use all the methods that are listed in this post and it will definitely help you to increase domain authority of your website.
- 4 Best investments worth spending in a blog
- 4 Best Techniques to increase the website traffic from social media